Welcome to my blog "aboud the world with matty". I'm Matty and I'm inspired by the continent boxes I found all over the internet. I started filling my own personal boxes and i'm collecting all kinds of stuff.
First of all, excuse me if my english isn't all perfect but i'm a dutch girl. I'm doing this blog in english because it's about such a international subject and I like to share it with lots of people.

I will post things about my continent boxes, about DIY activities and food from all over the world so you can experiance the world from your living room or kitchen together with your kids.

vrijdag 28 maart 2014

Continent box Europe #1

Hi everybody,

I have many plans and ideas for my blog so where should I start. actually that isn't a very hard question. I will start with my home country ofcourse. Holland or The Netherlands as I prefer. Why? I'll tell you:

The Netherlands is the right name for the country I live in. however to many it is known as Holland. Holland extually refurs to two of the province of The Netherlands. There are actually 12 province.
This you-tube clip explains it al:

Okay, it may still be a bit confusing, but I like the clip.

For my continent boxes it's easy to find things that tell about The Netherlands: postcards of famous dutch painters, stuff in the color orange (since that is the color that everybody wears on national days like queens/kings day and internation sport events), wooden clocks, tulps, stemps, old dutch guldens (coins before the euro came) and so on.

It is actually reather difficult to make a choice... what will I put in the box to represent The Netherlands. I can't put in all. If I do it will be a box about the Netherlands, not about Europe.

Here some pictures of my things:


Vincent van Gogh paintings on a postcard


some more postcards
dutch products (Calve, Unox, etc)
wooden clocks
Delfts blauwe tegeltjes (Delfs blue tiles)
A cow
a orange 'shirt' to put over you beer bottle

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten