Welcome to my blog "aboud the world with matty". I'm Matty and I'm inspired by the continent boxes I found all over the internet. I started filling my own personal boxes and i'm collecting all kinds of stuff.
First of all, excuse me if my english isn't all perfect but i'm a dutch girl. I'm doing this blog in english because it's about such a international subject and I like to share it with lots of people.

I will post things about my continent boxes, about DIY activities and food from all over the world so you can experiance the world from your living room or kitchen together with your kids.

maandag 7 april 2014

DIY: making your own Pan Flute

Today we're going to make a musical instrument, the pan flute. Let's find out what a pan flute is.
 
The pan flute or pan pipe is an ancient musical instrument based on a principle of the closed tube, consisting usually of five or more pipes of gradually increasing length (and at times, girth).
 
The pan flute has long been popular as a folk intrument in Peru and Bolivia, and is considered the first mouth organ, ancestor of both the pipe organ ant the harmonica. The pan flute is named for its association with the Greek god Pan. The pipes of the pan flute are typically made for bamboo or giant cane; other materials used include wood, plastic metal and ivory.
So now we can start.

Let's first see what we need:

- scissors
- gluw
- straws
- two pieces of cardboard
- paint or something else to color it.
When you have gathered all these things, let's get started.

Cut the cardboard in two pieces each 1 inch by 3 inches, but really the exact sice doesn't really matter.
Put glew on one piece of the cardboard and stick the straws to it.

Now put gluw on the second piece of cardboard and place it on top of the straws like you see in the picture above.

Now you have to wait a little till the gluw is dried up

When the gluw is dries up you need your scissors. Depending on how much straws you used you cut the right nummer short. I used 18 so devided them in groups of three

Now all you have to do is decorate the cardboard and ready you are

Have much fun making your own pan flute!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten